Assessing community needs is a systematic process of defining and measuring the requirements of a targeted population and any potential gaps between these desired needs and current resources. This process places the community at the center of the project cycle. Following a needs assessment, the NGO professionals should be able to adjust their focus and/or resources to better meet the demands of their target population.
This course provides professionals working in the non-governmental organizations (NGOs) sector with essential knowledge and skills needed to identify and understand community needs. It offers learners with key tools to qualitatively and quantitively understand the nature, magnitude, and scale of the needs. Accordingly, it equips professionals with the methods to extract findings and translate them into plans and practices.
Learners will be able to:
- Understand the concept of community needs assessment
- Design and/or select appropriate methods for community needs assessment
- Implement the assessment tools efficiently
- Disseminate the findings of the community needs assessment and recommend effective practices
Notify Me 🔔
- NGO Fundraising & Proposal Management
- Operations Management of NGOs
- Format: TBD
- Language: English
- Duration: 32 hours