This course examines the basic ethical and methodological concepts related to conducting cancer research in settings of conflict. The course also touches on the enablers and challenges around cancer research, control, prevention and registration in conflict.
The course provides an overview of the interplay between conflict and cancer control, prevention, and care provision. The course then moves to address strategies required to tackle contextualized challenges for cancer care and research in conflict settings. Finally, the course touches on the ethical principles governing cancer research and approaches for developing cancer research projects in conflict settings.
Learners completing this course will be able to:
- Understand the interplay between conflict and cancer
- Discuss how cancer control and prevention are shaped by conflict
- Discuss the importance, challenges, and enablers of cancer research in conflict
- Understand the basics of cancer research in conflict settings
- Address the ethical considerations and cancer research
- Develop the required knowledge to approach cancer research projects and funding
Notify Me 🔔
- Format: Online Asynchronous
- Language: English
- Duration: 30 hours