Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) are key collaborators in the disaster risk governance frameworks alongside governments and the private sector. They have been transforming their ecosystem to include proactive disaster response strategies and equipping their staff with tools to increase resilience among their communities.
This course aims to familiarize staff working in national and international NGOs with the concepts, mechanisms, processes, and best practices in Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR). The course highlights the roles and responsibilities of various concerned actors, including NGOs.
Learners will be able to:
- Understand basic concepts in DRR and international frameworks
- Apply “Making Cities Resilient” campaigns and community-based disaster risk management
- Implement information management and communication in DRR
- Apply scenario & incident planning
Notify Me 🔔
- NGO Fundraising & Proposal Management
- Operations Management of NGOs
- Strategic Management of NGOs
- Format: TBD
- Language: English
- Duration: 24 hours