This online course is designed to equip NGOs’ managers and officers engaged in decision making with skills needed to develop a DRR plan based on situational analysis and comprehensive assessment of the risks’ portfolio within their NGO’s fields and areas of operation. This course will enable participants to complement their DRR plans with practical steps and considerations for implementation pre, during, and post-crises/disasters.
Upon completion of the course, learners should be able to:
- Identify risks associated with potential hazards to enhance disaster preparedness
- Adapt NGOs’ operations to align with the requirements of the Sendai Framework
- Contribute to disaster risk reduction (DRR) planning at the local and regional levels
- Design and implement projects focused on DRR and enhancing community resilience
- Employ effective fundraising strategies to implement DRR-related activities and projects in communities